Monday, June 22, 2009

Shower Yoga!


SHOWER YOGA:
Gomukhasana arms

A title to pique your interest, but it's not nearly as salacious as one might think. For those of you, like me, with really tight shoulders, here's a little tip for getting into the arm portion of gomukhasana: While in the shower, I soap up my back, hands, and arms, then work my arms into the pose. I usually start with my second favorite side first, and then let the hot water run over my shoulder, especially in the places where I'm really feeling sensation and stretching action.

It has helped me over time get my arms into this pose consistently with greater ease. Let me know what you think. And if there's a particular pose you struggle with, let me know, I'll cover it in my blog or a future newsletter!

Email questions, comments and requests to:
lizdoyle@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment