Thursday, January 28, 2010

SANTOSHA (Contentment)


I realized recently while washing dishes in my "step-saver" kitchen, that I am feeling a sense of contentment I have never felt. I'm living very simply, well within my means and have whittled my personal belongings down to very little.

It's quite liberating really. I will say that I got here kicking and screaming all the way. It's hard to let go of things of which we're fond.

I know that this is a feeling I should have had all my life. I have spent most of my life striving for more and bigger and better, and thought that if I was truly content with my current situation it would make me complacent.

Of course, that's not true. It's human nature to excel and explore the boundaries of what we're capable. What I've found instead is that I have more energy, and I'm more excited about life in general and my plans.

All of this simply because I've allowed myself to enjoy what Life has offered me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment